Monday, May 27, 2013

One Squash – Many, Many Meals - Day 2

It’s two days after making those delicious ravioli – and I have a whole, half of roasted butternut squash in my fridge. Its time to use it!

Looking in the fridge – I still have some of that super thin, sweet Pacific Butternut Squash soup and a tub of white miso. I bought the miso to make my favorite soup – squash/coconut/leek/miso soup… but I never got any leeks. Hmmm…..

Happy middle ground – making a hybrid, better Pacific soup.


Hybrid Squash Soup 
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 carton (or one can) pre-made squash soup 
  • ½ roasted butternut squash, chopped into small pieces 
  • ½ tsp onion powder 
  • 1 tbls grated ginger 
  • Salt and pepper, to taste 
  • 2 tbls white miso 
Directions:
  1. Put everything, but the miso, in a pot. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Take off heat, add miso. Using an immersion blender, blend to almost smooth. Garnish with green onions (which I didn’t have… but I think would round the soup out perfectly). 
  2. Substitutions: if you don’t have the soup, use a can of coconut milk and a dash of cinnamon or another notoriously thin packaged squash soup. Use dried ginger, instead of fresh. The miso is what makes this soup awesome… but its totally still soup without it :) 

I like making things that I’ve had to eat for a few days taste just a little different. Makes me feel like I’m not eating leftovers… again!

No comments:

Post a Comment